SHOTGUN CHOKE GAUGES
Bisley solid brass shotgun gauge.
BISLEY SHOTGUN CHOKE GAUGE
2¼" / 55mm long,
2" / 50mm long,
Choke gauge with engraved British gradients.
Brass with stainless steel keyring.
For quick and accurate measurement of 12 or 20 bore fitted shotgun chokes.
Clearly marked British gradients;
- BORE (OPEN) ~ True cylinder ~ 0.00" ~ Cylinder (on 12g gauge only).
- IMP ~ Improved cylinder ~ 0.05" ~ Skeet
- 1/4 ~ Quarter choke ~ 0.10" ~ Improved Cylinder
- 1/2 ~ Half choke ~ 0.20" ~ Modified
- 3/4 ~ Three quarter choke ~ 0.25" ~ Improved Modified
- FULL ~ Full choke ~ 0.35" ~ Full
STEEL SHOT WARNING;
It is highly dangerous to use more than ½ choke when using steel shot.
How to use;
Simply push the gauge into the muzzle of the gun and when the segment fits the bore perfectly, simply read from the gauge for the amount of choke.
This high quality shooting accessory is essential when buying a fixed choke pre-owned gun, as the choke stamps may not always correspond to the amount of choke in the bore.
Ie. sometimes choke is bored out by a gun smith and then not always re-stamped with the new choke.
As for multi-choke guns, the choke stamps can wear off in time and it can then be confusing as to which choke tube if fitted.